Terms & Conditions
Copyright 2015 helpguru.com Marketplace Services. All Rights Reserved.
At helpguru.com, we aim to provide customers with access to servicemen, to carry out the service specified below, in a timely and hassle-free manner. On booking services the following terms and conditions are accepted and agreed to by the customer:
- "Us/We/Our/Company" shall mean helpguru.com. "You/Your" shall mean you: the customer (i.e. any person or organization to whom we and our service providers agree to provide services).
- “Services” shall mean the services that are provided by independent service providers, contractors and servicemen registered with the helpguru.com network. We register service providers, independent contracts and their servicemen to the helpguru.com network on the basis of quality parameters and we regularly monitor the Services provided by the servicemen. We do not take responsibility for the Services carried out by the servicemen.
- Services requests may be logged with us online or through phone at helpguru.com in the prescribed format. Please ensure that your details are accurate to ensure that the Services are provided in a timely manner. Services will be provided between 9 AM and 7 PM on working days in your area, and on non-working days in your area we may be able to provide limited services. We will not be able to provide Services on national holidays and other restricted holidays (which may vary from State to State).
- On receiving your request for required Services online, and/or over the phone we will allot it a unique Service Request Number (SRN) which will be used to track the progress and status of the Service.
- All servicemen carry an identity card issued by us which will have his name, photograph, and the name of the Service Provider. You must verify his/her identity before you allow the servicemen enter into your premises for providing the requested Services. You should keep the serviceman under your direct observation and supervision for the entire duration for which the serviceman is present at your premises until the Services sought are completed. In case you have any doubt on his/her identity, please do not allow the serviceman access to your premises and please call our toll free number immediately. We will not be responsible for any loss or harm suffered by you if you permit entry to any person who does not carry an identity card issued by us or if you fail to verify the identity of the serviceman.
- All servicemen are required to behave professionally and properly with customers. In case you have a feedback about a serviceman, please email your feedback to email@example.com.
- Services includes labour only. Parts and material are not included. As of now Helpguru.com does not deal in parts or any kind of materials. You should buy the parts or materials required for carrying out the Service. Should you be unable to procure the parts or materials required, at your request, the serviceman can purchase any parts or material required to carry out the Services and such parts or materials provided shall be charged on actual basis, to the best of our knowledge. The Serviceman will present you with a formal bill as proof of purchase. However, if such parts or materials are defective or stops working or is not functioning as expected, then we will not be responsible for the warranty, replacement or repair of such part or material. If any materials or parts have been purchased as a result of work you instructed us to undertake, and you cancel the work request, you will be charged for such procured materials or parts on an actual basis.
Charges and Payment:
- A fixed visit fee for Services requested shall be Rs. 200 (Rupees two hundred only) towards serviceman’s visit to your premises, payable either at the time of booking your service request thru our website www.helpguru.com or upon serviceman’s arrival at your premises.
- In addition to the fixed visit fee, there is a service fee applicable which the serviceman will inform you of before he starts his work. Once you confirm your approval to the service fee and the serviceman starts to provide the Services, the service fee is payable irrespective of whether you ask the serviceman to discontinue the services at any time. The fixed visit fee will be adjusted against the service charges so that the fixed visit charge shall at all times be the minimum fee payable.
- The service fee payable by you to us is not inclusive of the cost of spare parts or materials, if any, required to undertake and complete the requested services and such cost will be borne by you in addition to the service fee.
- Cancellations and Delay: The fixed visit fee is not refundable and applicable in case of cancellation for any reason once the serviceman arrives at your premises. (For example: If the material required for the provision of Services is not made available by the customer then the fixed visit fee shall be payable.) We may also, at our discretion, impose on you a waiting charge of Rs.50 per half hour after the initial half hour in case serviceman is waiting to carry out his work either on your instructions or on account of non-availability of parts and any materials.
- We will not charge a fixed visit fee if the serviceman is not capable of performing the Services requested by you. However, if our serviceman can perform the Services but you do not wish to proceed, or you cancel the Service request after the serviceman has reached your premises, then you will be required to pay the fixed visit fee and cost at actuals for any spare parts or materials purchased by on your behalf.
If you do not pay the fixed visit fees or any other applicable fees and charges for Services rendered, including without limitation for any part or material procured, then we reserve the right to recover the amounts payable to us by legal means, and may also blacklist you so that we reserve the right not to provide you with any further Services in the future and cancel any other pending Service requests.
You should make the payment using a credit/debit card by swiping the credit/debit card on the bank card swipe machine issued by us ("Bank Card Machines”) which will be carried by the servicemen. In case you do not have a debit card or credit card, or the Bank Card Machine fails to function, the serviceman shall seek the pre-approval of the area manager (as appointed by B2C) or from B2C’s call center to receive cash. On receipt of cash from you, the serviceman will issue you a receipt from the pre-numbered receipt book issued by B2C. Servicemen sent by helpguru.com are independent professionals, and helpguru.com takes no responsibility for money paid to them without taking our prior approval as mentioned.
- Follow-ups or confirmation of Services carried out by the servicemen should be communicated to us through the helpguru.com or you may call our toll free number in order to avoid any loss of money or time. We shall not be responsible for any call booked directly by the customer with the serviceman, as in such cases helpguru.com has no control and is not liable for any loss or damages in such case.
- By using our Services, you agree to receive SMS texts on your mobile and emails containing the status of your jobs and any special offers that are available to you. You can opt out of this service by contacting us at any time. We will not send you any spam messages.
- We offer limited guarantee for 10 days only on work undertaken and performed by a serviceman. Our guarantee for work carried out by a serviceman will be void if our work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than us. Provided the fault has been registered directly with us online at helpguru.com or at our call center within such limited guarantee period, and a Job ID has been obtained in this regard, any work that is required to be undertaken due to any fault of serviceman will be done at no additional service fee. A new service request shall be generated, with applicable service fees for any subsequent visits, to carry out any additional or further work on previously completed work if it is not arising out of our fault.
Helpguru is not liable or responsible for any work carried by the serviceman which was directly instructed by the customer despite a contrary recommendation of the serviceman.
In no event shall Helpguru be liable to the customer for any direct, special, or consequential damages or lost profits arising out of or related to any Services provided by Helpguru, even if Helpguru has been advised of the possibility thereof, or knew or should have known thereof. Helpguru liability hereunder to the customer, if any, shall in no event exceed the total of the service fee paid by the customer to Helpguru.
Any disputes, differences and/or any other matters in relation to services provided by Helpguru and/or pertaining to the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The Parties hereby subject themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at New Delhi.
We reserve the absolute right to revise our fees and charges and/or these Terms and Conditions are subject to change without (i) any prior notice, (ii) assigning any reason or (iii) any liability whatsoever. Please refer to the website www.helpguru.com for the updated applicable fees. We have no obligation to individually intimate each customer or service provider in relation to such changes.
In addition to these Terms and Conditions, other specific terms may be imposed by Helpguru at any time to deal with any unforeseen situations. We also reserve the absolute right to change the Prices and/or any Terms and Conditions contained herein without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever. Members and users are requested to refer to these changes, if any, which will be displayed at www.helpguru.com. We have no obligation to separately intimate each customer or service provider or user of services with regard to such changes.
We reserve the right to cancel any Service request at any time due to internal and external reasons.
Any person including but not limited to company who has already taken our membership (“Member”), can request for cancellation at any time subject to the following terms:
- If any member gives cancellation instruction within 30 days from the date of taking such membership, Helpguru will refund entire amount paid by them provided they have not availed any service under the membership.
- In case the member has availed any services under the membership and would like to cancel the same, then Helpguru will refund the amount after deducting charges against availed services.
- If the member gives instructions to cancel the membership after the expiry of 30 days then no refund will be given to them.
- In case of services like, Electricals, Plumbing, Computer Repair, Motor Repair, Generator Repair and Home Appliances Repair, customers can cancel their order 24 hours prior to the scheduled date within office timings from 9.00 am to 6.30 pm on any working day. In case request for cancellation or order is placed within 24 hours of the scheduled date, no cancellation will be accepted and Helpguru will have right to raise bill against one time visit charges and the customer is obligated to pay the same. However, the customer can reschedule the work order or request for another day within five business days. All eligible refund will be processed within 7 business days from the date of acceptance of cancellation by Helpguru after deducting administration charges at the rate of 10% of the refund amount.
- In case of refund against membership, Helpguru reserves its rights and the decision of its management will be final.
Replacement of Product Policy:
In case of any concern towards any product or parts installed against customer’s order or and if it is found faulty and is in warranty period, customer will raise the claim directly to the company or manufacturer who has manufactured /marketed that product. Helpguru will not take any responsibility for the same as Helpguru is not a manufacturer or owner of the products.
In case, you receive any product or parts with tampered packaging or in bad/damaged condition before delivery, please do not accept the same and immediately return to the serviceman and also intimate at our phone number 9312249648 , 9599588230 promptly. We need your cooperation to help you better.